Research AsSociate - Molecular Biology
Los Angeles/ San Francisco Bay Area
Job Description. You’re a research associate who is motivated by Octant’s mission to engineer biology to rationalize drug discovery. As part of the Octant team, you’ll help move the state of our technology forward. You love working in the lab, are organized, and take pride in your work. You thrive on getting things done, are eager to trouble-shoot random tasks that arise in startups, and can navigate the uncertainty of an ever-changing and fast-paced environment.
As a molecular biology research associate at Octant, you’ll support and expand Octant’s vector engineering program and molecular cloning pipeline. You’ll work closely with our vector engineering scientists to develop and implement Octant’s synthetic biology pipeline.
This job might be great for you if you:
· Enjoy molecular biology and get excited about developing protocols to enable faster and more efficient cloning.
· Have a bent for organization, are detail-oriented, and enjoy developing systems and pipelines.
· Thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, and team-oriented startup environment.
· Have 1+ year(s) of experience with molecular cloning techniques including, but not limited to, gene assemblies, screening assemblies, DNA preps, restriction digests, PCR.
· Are interested in learning and leveraging next-gen sequencing for molecular cloning applications.
· Have a BA, BS, or MS degree in a biology-related field or equivalent experience.
For more information, please send a resume/CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Octant is currently located on the UCLA campus and will be moving to the Bay Area in the Spring of 2019.
Medical, dental, & vision coverage with competitive compensation based on experience level.
Octant is an equal opportunity company. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work.