Research AsSociate - Tissue Culture
Los Angeles/ San Francisco Bay Area
Job Description. You’re a research associate who is motivated by Octant’s mission to engineer biology to rationalize drug discovery. As part of the Octant team, you’ll help move the state of our technology forward. You love working in the lab, are organized, and take pride in your work. You thrive on getting things done, are eager to trouble-shoot random tasks that arise in startups, and can navigate the uncertainty of an ever-changing and fast-paced environment.
As a tissue culture research associate at Octant, you’ll work closely with our scientists to support and expand Octant’s cell engineering program.
This job might be great for you if you:
· Are excited about implementing novel techniques and playing a key role in developing scalable infrastructure.
· Have 1+ year(s) of mammalian tissue culture experience including primary and transformed cell lines, adherent and suspension cell lines, low and high volume cultures, flow cytometry/FACS, etc.
· Are experienced with stable genetic engineering of mammalian cells using CRISPR, lentiviral transduction, transposons, recombinases, etc.
· Are detail-oriented and thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, team-oriented startup environment.
· Have a BA, BS, or MS degree in a biology-related field or equivalent experience.
For more information, please send a resume/CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Octant is currently located on the UCLA campus and will be moving to the Bay Area in the Spring of 2019.
Medical, dental, & vision coverage with competitive compensation based on experience level.
Octant is an equal opportunity company. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work.