Los Angeles/ San Francisco Bay Area
Job Description. You’re a scientist who is motivated by Octant’s mission to engineer biology to rationalize drug discovery. As a member of the Octant team, you’ll contribute to Octant’s scientific strategy by designing, managing the execution of, and analyzing/interpreting results for significant technology projects. You’ll draw from diverse areas of biology to solve challenging problems beyond your area of expertise. In addition, you thrive on getting things done, are eager to trouble-shoot random tasks that arise in startups, and can navigate the uncertainty of an ever-changing and fast-paced environment.
Your initial goals will include developing, advancing, and expanding Octant’s biological reporters.
This job might be great for you if you:
· Get excited about engineering human signaling and generating multiplexed assays.
· Have 4+ years experience with synthetic/endogenous reporter systems, DNA/RNA NGS, molecular cloning, and mammalian tissue culture.
· Have a background in eukaryotic/mammalian cell signaling. Experience with GPCR, RTK, developmental, cell division checkpoint, hormone, or immune signaling preferred.
· Thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, team-oriented startup environment.
· Have a PhD in a biology-related field or equivalent experience.
For more information, please send a resume/CV to email@example.com
Octant is currently located on the UCLA campus and will be moving to the Bay Area in the Summer of 2019.
Medical, dental, & vision coverage with competitive compensation based on experience level.
Octant is an equal opportunity company. We welcome everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. We're working towards a more diverse scientific community, and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.