Los Angeles/ San Francisco Bay Area
Job Description. You’re a scientist who is motivated by Octant’s mission to engineer biology to rationalize drug discovery. As a member of the Octant team, you’ll contribute to Octant’s scientific strategy by designing, managing the execution of, and analyzing/interpreting results for significant technology projects. You’ll draw from diverse areas of biology to solve challenging problems beyond your area of expertise. In addition, you thrive on getting things done, are eager to trouble-shoot random tasks that arise in startups, and can navigate the uncertainty of an ever-changing and fast-paced environment.
Your initial goals will include designing and working with the cell lines that Octant uses as the foundation of our multiplexed screening platform. This includes getting creative about improving our workflows and data collection methods to engineer novel cell lines.
This job might be great for you if you:
· Are innovative and love developing novel techniques, but can also be practical and adapt existing approaches in creative ways.
· Have significant mammalian tissue culture experience across multiple cell lines including architecting and implementing the stable genetic engineering of mammalian cells using CRISPR, lentiviral transduction, transposons, recombinases, etc.
· Are comfortable at the command line and can tackle large datasets to look at gene expression, do genome-wide gain- and loss-of-function studies, etc.
· Enjoy working in a collaborative, team-oriented, and fast-paced startup environment.
· Have a PhD in a biology-related field or equivalent experience.
For more information, please send a resume/CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Octant is currently located on the UCLA campus and will be moving to the Bay Area in the Spring of 2019.
Medical, dental, & vision coverage with competitive compensation based on experience level.
Octant is an equal opportunity company. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work.